Collin - Birch Run, Michigan
Themes: fear

There comes a certain point in everyone’s life where they start to hit that maturity stage where everything starts to become a little more serious and real. That point came to me not to long ago. I started to realize how people and the world around me are rapidly changing at a very fast pace and I began to notice many things beginning to happen.

The other day I was just sitting in my room and I was watching the television and just thinking about many things, and I began to think about what our world is starting to come to. I was watching a show by Michael Moore that was showing statistics on the number of deaths my guns per year in America and also around the entire world. I noticed that the United States had the highest number of deaths by guns per year and that was not just by a little bit, that was by at least ten thousand deaths. I began to realize how our country here is beginning to turn into such a hostile place and that’s becoming more and more evident everyday. I feel that people are letting their own personal feelings and emotions take over them and becoming more and more violent as the days pass. The idea that our country can be perfect is obviously not possible but I feel that our country could be a lot safer and more polite all around. The presence of violence is found worldwide and that’s basically in every situation. Everyday in schools children are being teased, ridiculed, and much more and for what reasons? There is really no explanation besides that the people behind these actions have something wrong with themselves also. I believe that we could make our country and world a lot safer and a friendlier place just by taking the time to relax and get to know people before judging them. A lot of violence and hate crimes come from way back in ancient times and it’s hard to change something that has started a long time ago. But, I believe that we could work together as a country to become a more pleasant place.

I believe that we can achieve this as a country and become a unified nation not an alienated nation. I believe that we could bring down the amount of gun violence, and violence as a whole. I believe that this will happen when our nature as people begins to change.