Emily - birch run, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

I think that some people go through life worrying so much about how everyone else is feeling; they forget to take care of themselves. Some might say that there is nothing wrong with being an, “over thoughtful person,” but what is the point in making everyone else happy when you are not. Someone that I knew once had a problem somewhat like this. She was the kind of person that everyone came to talk to and that everyone asked for help. She was a very responsible person, because she wanted to make her parents happy, even if it meant sacrificing a little bit of harmless fun. This never really bothered her until she was a little older, when she realized she never has fun with her friends. Her friends though, were a whole different story. She would do anything to help her friends or make sure they were okay, but when she was the one that needed the help, no one was ever there. This and many other issues made her angry all the time. Even though she still wants to make everyone else happy, she is defiantly not, and she has said that she actually regrets some of the good and thoughtful decisions she has made. I believe that you should do what makes you happy, live your life with no regrets. Someone once told me, “It doesn’t always pay to be the nice guy.” In this case, that statement is pretty much true. She was going through life worrying about everyone else but herself, but then there was no one there to worry about her. Now obviously this quote isn’t completely accurate, but in some cases it defiantly is and has some meaning to it. It seems like to me, the nice people do get something out of being the way they are, they just never know it. Its kind of like karma, what goes around comes around. I still believe though, that you have to do what makes you happy, and what is going to make you enjoy your life. No one wants to go through life being angry and depressed all the time. I really think that will happen to a person, if they don’t figure out what makes them happy before they worry about the rest of the world. This does sound selfish, I know. If you don’t do this though, life will fly by and before you even knew what was happening, it will be over and you won’t have time to go back and change all the things that you regret.