Dalton - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: equality, hope

A young man once said, “I have a dream”, and by a dream he meant that all races could live together and stop their feuds. Now I know a few hicks still do this, but because he dreamed it has made the world a better place to live in. Now when I say dreams I don’t mean winning the lotto I mean a dream to achieve a goal or to make the world a better place to live in or to even live a better life style.

The reason I believe that dreaming is one of the most important thing ever is because my grandpa said be for he past was to never give up in what you have ever dreamed in doing, because with perseverance you can make the impossible possible. Also you think of Albert Einstein-now maybe to everyone he was a thinker but he really had the worst grades in his class. So what was he? Right, a dreamer he dreamed about what he needed to get done and look what we have electricity.

See the reason I think you have to have dreamers in the world because when I have a goal I always look forwards never at my past downfalls. So I set my goal in reach so if I do fail its still there for me to achieve.

Another great example is Don Haskins he was the head Basketball coach for Texas western. Hay people might say he was just a coach but he was more then a coach he was set to defeat the odds and win a championship with five black players and he did because with the dreams he had in reach he maid the impossible possible, and he went down in history with that dream and that is true achievement.

I am only fifteen and my dreams can hardly affect the world but my little dreams affect my world and I try my best to make sure those goals are meet and so this time it not going to be martin Luther king Jr. saying this its going to be me saying “I have a dream”.