Jessica - Tonganoxie, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

This I Believe Essay

If you died tomorrow, would you be happy with how you’ve lived your life? If you think about it, you never really know when you are going to die, whether it’s 10 minutes from now or 60 years. You just have to be ready and know that you are happy with how you lived.

This reminds me of a woman who used to spend every minute like she was going to die the next -it’s my grandma. She passed away 10 years ago though. She always lived like it was her last even down to the months she had to stay in bed. She would play games with us, and we brought they big T.V. in her room so that we would still have family night. In a way, she is like my role model too, but I will always remember the smile she had the last time I saw her.

This really makes me think about life and whether, we are using it correctly. For example, are you sure you’reSeverson, Molly. Performing Artists. New York: International Thomson Publishing Company, 1995.

not supposed to go have fun doing extremely dumb stuff like, go sky diving, or white water rafting, things you normally wouldn’t do. Or are we supposed to turn out like beautiful angels who have never done a single dangerous thing?

I like to go out side and climb trees, play football, and go fishing. That’s not really something girls like to do either, or at least not in my family. I also like to go canoeing and someday I hope to go sky diving.

The next time you are unhappy, mad, or anything like that just remember “would you like to die like that?” Or would you want to make it better so you could be happy? Live as though you are going to die tomorrow.