woraporn - Chicago, Illinois
Themes: family, love

I believe in my father’s love.

I was searching for the hero inside myself and I saw my father inside me.With amazing gifts from him, I can become the person I most want to be. The recognition, certain strength and ability in my father reflects the capacity for the same abilities in me.

I’m the only child of my family. My father was a soldier and he was in his early fifties when I was born. 2 years later, my father became paralyzed after surgery.

I would say he was everything of mine since then. I was taken care of by my father. Writing my first alphabet, drawing my first rising sun, walking first step were impressive memories of my life. How could a paralytic teach his daughter to run? I heard his voice shout loud beside the road in his wheelchair “Faster! Faster! You can do that! I believe in you!”. 2 finger tips pointed on the board to show how to dance.

It was more than enough to show his love and care for me.

Not even once did I feel his words were unbelievable.

He was the key that lead me to learn to know myself by developing a strong and confident with my inner strengths. He taught me to be courageous and move forward, even it make me feel uncomfortable. Take full responsibility for my actions and show compassion. One important thing is his words that made me believe in myself. If I believe in myself I will become whatever I expect to become. Don’t always be passive, and always never expect the best for myself. Trust my judgment.

Every time when I struggle with self-doubt at different times in my life, I look around and saw him could do with my support at the moment.

He always makes such a difference to the way that I am feeling.

On my 13th birthday, he got a diagnostic analysis report that made his life and family change forever. He got cancer and would be alive at least 3 months. He held my hands tightly and said “Because we are human and naturally spiritual. Our spirituality is a connection with an experience that we have known all along.

Everything change and bad time will pass. Living with the moment and make each day counted”.

Almost 14 years later, whenever I feel myself getting tense or upset about something, I can hear my father ask me this question, “Does it really matter?” if it doesn’t, just let go and move on.

For me, the beliefs of my father is the strongest magic of all.