Kevin - Inverness, Illinois
Themes: purpose

I believe that believing itself is the most critical aspect of life. Without belief or the desire to live for a purpose in life, then life is best described as pointless. It does not matter what this belief is; the only thing that matters is that it is a moral code of honor that is lived by and represented in each and every day of life.

Whether it is a belief in religion or a more hedonistic lifestyle, belief itself is what is important. To me, no religion is right or wrong, but the only thing wrong in life is not believing in anything at all. Many people think that some religions are just and some are preposterous, but as long as people are putting aside time and effort to practice their beliefs, they will be rewarded with a rich, enchanting life. It doesn’t matter if others don’t share your same beliefs because to different people, opposing thoughts or ideas are important.

My personal belief is of believing. Personally, I disagree with the thoughts of many religions because I don’t contain the trait of blind faith. I need to witness something first hand in order to believe it, and even if I do I’m still sometimes skeptical. Religion to me is a set of moral guidelines to be followed, not statements of fact, and it almost appears farfetched that most of the world worships sacred documents that tell apparently fictitious stories, but then again I am not one to judge from the minority side of the issue. Nonetheless, I have massive respect for all of those that are religious because they are living their lives believing in something, trying to help a cause and that is what life is all about.

Life isn’t about who has the most green paper or who the most famous person is around; it is the idea of living for a reason. A life lived without meaning is indeed a pointless one at best, and it is just that that the world needs to understand. In today’s fast-paced society nobody has time to think about what they believe in or to create a sense of identity. Belief is the most powerful human instrument, this I believe.