Virginia - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: creativity, hope

“Imagine”

John Lennon told us that great things could occur if we just imagined. In his mind, by imagining, the world would live as one. I am like John, in the sense that I believe in the power of imagination. Not imagination in the sense of making up a world far from reality, but in imagining what reality has the potential to be.

In my view, imagining is what gets us through life. We imagine our futures, and work towards them. Our imagination gives us a sense of purpose in life and a path to follow. We imagine the changes we can make in the world, with the proper will and sense of direction. We imagine the lives we can affect through our actions.

Through imagining we can achieve our greatest goals. I once came across the quote: “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail” in a magazine. If we live life taking every action while imagining that we would never fail, we can achieve greatness. Every step of ours would be one of confidence. We would live life without fear, and follow our dreams without having to worry about failure. By living with this mind set, we can meet our goals and find meaning in life.

I see the power of imagination as shaping our futures. I see imagination as a way to connect to one another in ways we would never deem possible. Through imagining, I see the world working together rather than against each other. Through imagining, I can see how power in the hands of someone advocating positive change can impact humanity. Through imagining, I see the value of time and all it has to offer. By imagining, I live for today and tomorrow.

I Imagine.