Marshall - 60067, Illinois

Everyday I come into contact with new experiences and new people. I believe that the makeup of life is based on the collection and response to different situations. Being exposed to many different people, philosophies, ideas, and thoughts allow us to pick who and what we want to become with as much information as possible. I also believe that it is in man’s nature to do whatever he sees as necessary to drive his own goals. Whether in order to achieve a goal of fulfill a personal quest mankind does not care who or what we have to step on to get there. Ambition is the driving force of life, and in system such as capitalism today ambition turns into benefit for all.

I believe that God is a check on this ambition to help us realize how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things, even Hitler who is responsible for the massacre of millions will fade away into history as time progresses. Religion proves us with the ability to look at ourselves and give us the ability to make good moral judgments. This morality also gives us the duty to take responsibility for our own actions.

I believe that responsibility is what allows anything in society to function. Everything is built upon the trust that others will take responsibility in their actions. Our government works because of the fact that we, the people, have faith that it will make the right decisions and will take responsibility and help anyone in need. I believe that now a days people don’t take any personal responsibility. Everyone will do whatever it takes in order to be able to worm their way out of being responsibly for a bad decision they have made. Cheating for instance, if you wish to take the risk of cheating be my guest but you must understand that if you are caught that there will be consequences and you need to buck up and accept them.

I believe that winners write history. In war or politics whoever wins the battle can spin the information afterwards so it seems as if they were in the right all along. We as people try not to look back on our worst decisions or mistakes and tend to gloss over them but like to shove others mistakes in their faces in order to give ourselves more self worth. I believe that society needs to change this. Society needs to become more understanding and allow each other mistakes and forgive them for it. We should no longer hide our problems but bring them to the front in order to learn from them in order to not repeat the mistakes of the past. This can bring us together as a people and make everyone stronger and more intelligent and aware of others around them. If we can look at ourselves and not see flaws but areas that we can improve through dedication and working with others we can achieve a greater future than anyone has ever imagined. This I believe.