Christopher - West Fork, Arkansas
Themes: democracy

I believe in democracy. I believe in our great republic. I believe in freedom, liberty and one person one vote. I vote for whom ever I choose to be the right person for the job. Regardless of party affiliation I give my valuable vote each election to someone. I believe in the prossess if only it were allowed to work again.

Every one who cares says vote, you gotta vote it’s your duty as an American to vote. But when I consider the candidate whom I believe is right for the job may be neither Democrat / liberal nor Republican / conservative then according to right and left wing media “you’re just wasting your vote …lame duck…swing vote …bla bla bla”. I am scolded by TV and radio and told that by believing in a third party candidate I am in a very real sense forfeiting my vote away to the greater of two evils as opposed to the lesser of the same evil. Over and again I’m told that my vote has no value to America through a third party and maybe a third party is not the answer directly but, validation in a few key districts would surely light some fires under some asses no doubt.

Yes I believe no informed vote is wasted and all uninformed votes give power to the usurpers and it is only uncast votes that are wasted. I believe that if you believe in the democracy of this great republic and the power of the vote and weather you claim to be democrat or republican or moderate to either side, you cannot be completely happy with your party’s current position on any thing. I believe that at times when ultimately we at long last can get our politicians to act, 100% of the time it is either too much or not enough. I believe they believe they can do this because they believe I believe with the help of the media that our cast votes can be wasted.

I believe when the American people stop allowing themselves to be pigeon holed into political tools by our elected officials and media, and finally make our voices heard from our own minds and hearts then and only then will our public servants return to our service… or perhaps they will continue to strip our liberties for the sake of security with our apparent acquiescence.