carlos - chicago, Illinois

I believe in many things. I believe in God, in friends, money, in a better future, my country and others. Since I was child I have had the chance to see around me, the people, and the society; to have a reflection about life. Now, those experiences in life make me feel sure that the thing that I strongly believe in my family. it is all in my life. Family is feelings, Values, friendship, love, comprehension, and more.

I grew up in a big and very catholic family, my father; mother, brothers and sister are the persons who gave me all that I have. The ethical and moral values, my education, and myself are only some of the important things that I have received from them.

My parents are teachers in a high school; they were always concerned about giving me a good education. They were the people who taught me how to write and read. I can remember that my mother always was a strict person when I was study. My mother loves her profession. She said that is great to form people in different ways. They, more than being teachers, are friends to their students. For that reason they were my inspiration to select my career. Now I feel the same; I finished my University receiving my degree in visual arts. I have been working in high schools for more than 4 years and have been honored repeatedly for my outstanding performance.

My brothers are my friends, the confidence that we have is strong. We don’t have any secret. When they have a problem, they look for me to talk about it. Whatever is the topic they think that I am the perfect person to give any solution. My siblings and I always try to get together during weekends. Usually my family gathers at home to catch up, to relax, and have fun. The relationships and family union are extremely important. I think that family team meetings can strengthen the bond between family members.

I believe in my family. I always have them if I need something. Although I am here in this country, far away from my family, I never feel alone. I talk with them every day. When I have some problem I call one of my brothers and I explain what is happening with me and I always receive advice. In many different ways the emotional dependence that we have is big. All the things that I have been doing are for them. My studies, my goals and future are based in my family. I am sure that nothing can replace my family in my life. My family is just the reason that I live.