Crystal - Bad Axe, Michigan

I believe that children that have autisms are able to be taught how to live in this world. I baby sat for a family that had a child that has autisms. He is a 12 and very smart when it comes to getting what he wants. He made it know that he wanted a certain thing and wanted it now. He knew his colors and his number at least up to five. When he wants to watch TV he will take the remote control from the person that has it. If he can’t find the remote he comes to you and points at the TV. If you tell him no then he will hit you until he gets what he wants. He knows what he wants but he can’t always explain

what he wants. He needs to learn how to tell what he feels in steed of showing what he

feels He was taught how to talk when they were told that he never would. He can be

taught to tell how he feels in steed of showing how he feels. He is a very smart child and

can be taught a lot you just have to give him the time and energy that a child like him

needs even if it means that the other kids in the family have to do some thing on there

own. I was only there for a few hours a day for a year but be the time I left he knew when

I told him that he could not do something or have something that he would not get it until

I left. I have also been given the trust that I can care for the kids and there mom doses not

have to worry about them when she is gone. She also knows that I will only call if there is

a huge problem and she will come right away. She knows that when I am there both of

the boys are safe and are well taken care of. If I did not take control of the kids in the

house, there would have been a lot of problem last year. One would be to find a baby-

sitter that would stay after they were attacked the first time. The 12-year-old kicks and

bites and head butts when he dose not get what he wants. After the first time when I

came back, he saw that his attacks were not going to work and he had to listen to what I

say and that his tantrums were not going to work.