Pamuditha - Fresno, California

It?s Alright to Make Mistakes

At the age of 25, after being in college for 5 years, here I am, still trying to finish my degree. When all my friends have finished their education, here I am, still trying. And I often wonder what went wrong in my life and how an over organized person like my self can get so behind.

What I?ve come to understand is that no matter how much I plan, no matter how well I try to organize my life, I could still make mistakes, I could make huge blunders. As a child growing up in a traditional family, I was used to rules and regulations and eventually I turned into a bizarre person who lived by rules and who wanted things to be a certain way. And I believed that, yes, maybe everything could be perfect, as long as I planned well. And of course, my life went perfectly well, according to my plan until a one way ticket landed me in an unknown world where, for the first time, my fragile heart was broken, and my honest work was brazenly condemned and criticized. And it took me a trip I had wanted all my life to realize that life wasn?t tender, and life wasn?t perfect. And for the first time, a carefully planned event in my life went radically wrong. At that point, I began to believe that, even plans could go wrong and anyone, including my self, could make mistakes; even a perfectly well planned life, could go wrong.

After being through the worst four years of my life in an unknown world, after having cried a thousand times, after been laughed at, after enormous heart aches, I?ve come to believe that despite scrupulous planning, I could still make radical blunders. But, with the help of loving family and friends, I?ve also come to believe that it is alright to make mistakes from time to time, I?ve come to believe that I don?t always need to be the best and I believe its reasonable to make mistakes with my life, I believe it is ok be the last to begin, I believe its alright to be laughed at, and I believe it is o.k. to be criticized, as long as I love my self amidst all the turbulence ;as long as my heart is willing to forgive those who have hurt me. It is in fact good to make mistakes with one?s life, it is good to make mistakes and see that life does continue to grow and flourish in spite of the blunders, and it is o.k. to be condemned or criticized as long as you have a forgiving heart, this I believe is the most treasured belief in my life.