Skipper - Longmont, Colorado

I think that the biggest thing that I have believed in my whole life is guardian angels. I believe that everyone has one. Even though I can’t see mine I still believe that he or she is their watching over me. Yes I have gotten hurt in my life, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t there.

This is the reason why I believe that everyone has a guardian angel. I was at my grandparents’ house around the age of five and I was playing outside by myself next to a creek. This creek is big, narrow, and deep in some places. It just depends on where you go. When I was playing in the creek I was playing in the deep, wide end. It was about five feet deep and probably six feet wide. I probably was only about three feet tall back then, maybe a little shorter. I was crossing a small narrow bridge that was only a foot wide. I walked across the first half of the bridge just fine but lost my balance and fell into the creek. I couldn’t swim at all and my grandparents were inside. I think that I might have been in the water for maybe 15 seconds before my neighbor came and saved me. The only weird thing is that he was at work. I saw him leave but never to return.

He grabbed me out of the water and took me to back to my grandparents’ house but never went into the house to tell my grandparents what happened. After I got changed into dry clothes and told my grandparents what had happened I went out to go find him and his car wasn’t there and neither was he. I asked them if they ever saw anyone drive by and they said, “No.” The driveway that we use to get in and out goes right by my grandparents’ house so you can’t miss anything.

Now he could have left but I don’t think that he would just come home for 15 seconds. I think that day my guardian angel appeared to look like my neighbor. Now my neighbor is an old guy about the age of my grandparents. I believe angels can appear in mysterious ways. You may not think that they are watching out after you but they really are. This is an experience in my life what makes me think that guardian angels actual exist.