Jadi - Rye, Colorado

We are Never Alone

“I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that he didn’t trust me so much.” (Mother Teresa). I believe that we are never alone to face the challenges we have in our lives. I believe that there is a supreme being, a loving Heavenly Father, who watches over and helps us every day. I believe that every challenge or trial we go through is for our good and will some day make us stronger.

I hear many people ask why God would allow good people to go through hard times if he loves us so much. I believe that it is only because he loves us and wants us to become the best we can be. I have found that God can be compared to a silversmith, and all of his children are his silver masterpieces.

When a silversmith starts to create a work of art made of silver, the silver is not shaped or very pretty. In order to shape it, it needs to be put in the fire to make it soft, which also helps it become polished. Once the silversmith puts the silver in the fire, he never leaves it or else it will burn. Once the piece of silver is perfect and soft enough, the silversmith gently starts to work it and refine it. Soon the silver will need to be put back in the fire again to soften it. But every time it is taken out of the fire, it is worked and slowly becomes a beautiful and refined masterpiece.

I believe it is the same with us. Once in a while we need to be put in the fires or trials of life to become humble. Just as a silversmith would never leave the silver untended while in the fire, I have seen that God never leaves us to battle on our own in the fires of life. He is perfect and would never give us more than we can handle. He will always pull us out just in time and heal us with his gentle and loving hands until our weaknesses become our strengths. This is how I know he loves us. He wants us to be made strong and happy.

About a year-and-a-half ago, my dad started working in Denver full time, and he only comes home on the weekends. It was only supposed to last three months, but that didn’t happen. At one time I felt like I was growing up without my father and he was missing the most important part of my life. I missed him, but there was nothing I could do about it. I was at my breaking point one night and I realized I did have a father who I could talk to—my Father in Heaven. As I began praying for comfort, I almost had to open my eyes to see who had their arms encircled around me. There wasn’t anybody there, but I knew I wasn’t alone to face this challenge. I had another father who freely pours out his love and comfort in the moments when I need it the most. We are never left alone through the challenges that we face in life, and every trial we are given is for our good and will make us strong. This I truly do believe.