Raquel - Lincoln, Nebraska
Themes: love

This I believe that relationships are vital to our existence. I believe that at the heart of every successful relationship is love

I’d like to share some of the relationships that have been important to me, and how they have taught me how to give and receive love.

Christ’s love shines through my parents’ relentless support and encouragement throughout my life. My parents show their love for my by listening, just being there for me, working hard to provide for my sisters and I , helping me get a Christian education, and not settling for anything less than the best when it came to the welfare of their daughters. I am thankful to have been brought up in a Christian home where I learned about God’s unconditional love for all of us. This agape love has really brought me through discouraging times and given me hope, assurance, and the strength to go on loving and living.

To this day I have a life long friend of no relation who I call Grandma. She treats me like one of her own grandchildren. I still keep in touch as often as possible and she still remembers my birthday. She taught me how to play fair and maintain a home and yard. We played card games together, read together, watched her favorite TV programs together, had relevant and meaningful conversations together. She also had a pool table in her basement where I honed my pool table skills. When I was 10 years old and younger I was small enough to swim in her little kiddy pool which she sat up during the hot summer months. I watched one of my very first Disney movies Peter Pan at her house which is still my favorite. She always fed me well whenever I was there and had all sorts of baked goods, candy treats, and all sorts of other snacks at my disposal. For awhile yes, I know it is a little crazy our family never had a microwave but my mom would still purchase items which could only be microwaved such as popcorn and dinners. My sister and I would cook it over at her house. Thankfully she allowed it to go on for quite some time until we got our own microwave. She has provided a lot of wisdom and guidance which had made an impact on my decisions and influenced me personally for the better.

I believe that love plays an important role throughout my life.

1 Corinthians 13 defines love as vital, unfailing, patient, kind, keeps no record of wrongs, not envious, boastful, proud, rude, self-seeking, or easily angered. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. I have never witnessed a person possessing every aspect of love as described by 1 Corinthians 13.

The love chapter reminds us of how we ought to love one another. I believe that if it was followed more closely by the human population as a whole we would see a dramatic improvement and difference in our everyday lives for good.

This i believe in love