Lester - Dallas, Georgia
Themes: family, love

I believe in unconditional love.

My granddaughter is a petit, slender, brown eyed, blonde eight year old. She is the pride of her granddaddy’s heart. From her infancy we have had an exta special bond. And we are still best buddies.

When we talk together we often put our faces just a few inches apart. We look eyeball to eyeball. I don’t just hear Lauren’s words, I see them in her eyes. They squint together with intensity as she tells me about the day’s events in her second grade class. They relax and open wider as I reply with thoughts and suggestions about relationships with her classmates.

Honest, I see sparkles in her eyes when we laugh at the funny things we say.

We are 100% open and honest We don’t hide our hard nor tender sides. I love her and she loves me unconditionally.

September, 2005, I was severly injured in a head on automobile accident. I had many injuries to include; collapsed lungs, brokens ribs, a fractured sternum, a fractured collar bone and more. I spent many days in the Intensive Care Unit.

One of those days, I do not remember which, I awoke from a deep sleep. My dream had been so beautiful. I blinked my eyes a few times as I gradually awoke. Then I saw my daughter, Lauren’s mom, sitting at the foot of my hospital bed. She was smiling the biggest, most beautiful smile I have ever seen. Her face was dancing with joy and love. Then I saw it! In her deep brown eyes. The same sparkle that is in my granddaughter’s eyes. The same unconditional love that said, “I love my Daddy”.

I believe in the unconditional love of my daughter and granddaughter.