Andrew - Arlington Heights, Illinois

I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that since I have accepted the gift God has given to humanity, the gift of mercy and of a personal relationship with Him, I have been saved. I believe that God wants to have a personal, father/son relationship with me. I am overjoyed to say that I am one of His. I have faith in my Father and I accept the gift He has offered me with His infinite grace. I do realize that a common worldview is that God is nothing more than a cosmic force that constantly surrounds us, and that in order to be admitted to heaven you need only to be a “good person”.

One way I have learned to ignore this view and stick with the Lord’s plan is this verse from Revelation 3:20: “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and him with me.” This tells me that God very much desires to have a personal relationship with me. One thing that comes along with being one of His is the responsibility to share my faith with everyone I come in contact with, plant a seed in people’s minds, and let God do the rest of the work. That responsibility is a very important thing in my life.

I have already had a bad experience with not telling a person close to me about what they are missing out on, and she is now dead. That lady was my grandma. She did not share my faith, and I thought, “Well, that’s how it goes I suppose.” Before I knew it, she had cancer, and died soon after.

As I stood over her casket in Dublin, Ohio that rainy, horrible day, I couldn’t help but think one thing, “I’m sorry that you can not share in the same joy I will one day experience, for eternity.” That experience has really shaken me, and I realize that I need to share my faith with anyone I can before it is too late. I look forward to the rest of my life and my quest in doing that. My life has never had so much purpose. My joy is best expressed in the verse Romans 10:9-11: “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart and you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, ‘Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.’” This, I strongly believe.