Craig - Hollywood, Florida
Themes: work

Years ago when I was fourteen years old I began working to save up money for the things I want. I’ve worked at Mama Mia Italian Restaurant in Hollywood, Florida as a bus boy. I realized that this was tough work but the money was great for a fourteen year old to be making. But that was only a summer job, because it would conflict with school and my studies. So I quit my job and school started a little while after that. I then began to work at Eco Golf Course in Hollywood, Florida. But I had to quit because of a disagreement with the manager. Soon after I started working at Einstein Brothers Bagels and currently am still working there.

All of my jobs were hard to find. Like my family members had to know someone so I could go work there. The moral of my story is that jobs are difficult to find, everyone wants to work, and everyone wants to work somewhere that they enjoy. So, conflicts arise. If everyone wants to work, they are all around the same age, and most of them like to do the same think, only few will get that job.

The business industry is going to be horrible in my generation and into the next generations. If gas prices continue to rise, jobs that depend on fuel will begin to lay off and cut wages of employees. Also factory workers may not be needed anymore, because machinery is taking over and machinery works faster, more efficient, and it is cheaper to buy machines in the long run. Even phones are now answered by computers, it’s a pain to have to go through an automated service rather then talk to a direct person. But a company sees this as having to pay one less person, to save a penny or two. Everyone believes that the future will be better, but I think problems will soon arise and everyone else will see. This I Believe…