Charles - Powell, Tennessee

The Seatbelt law should not apply after eighteen years of age

After one turns eighteen years old they start to be responsible for many things. They should also be responsible enough to make their own decidion of whether or not they decide to wear their seatbelt while riding in a vehicle

In Tennessee most of the people who wear their seatbelt wear it because they choose to. There are too many people out there who do not wear their seatbelt for anyone to try to say that the “click it or ticket” law works, if someone feels that their seat belt is uncomfortable then they are not going to wear it anyway. If someone who is over eighteen is old enough to pay th eir own bills, be responsible for the crimes they commit and make the decision to smoke or use any tobacco products which also can result in death just like not wearing a seat belt, then they should be able to decide whether they wear their seat belt or not. If i can make the decision to smoke cigarettes or use tobacco any tobacco products that can cause lung cancer or many other kinds of cancers, such as mouth cancer, throat cancer and so on then I can decide whether I want to try to protect my life by wearing my seat belt.

I myself feel that a seat belt can keep you safe but it can also kill you, or even not make a differenct at all. I realize there are many people who their lives are saved by wearing their seat belt but there are also people who lose their lives while wearing their seatbelt. I understand that many people feel as if the seat belt could save their life and I realize that the seatbelt has saved more lives then it has destroyed but i still feel like it should be the responsible eighteen year olds decision.