korey - knoxvile, Tennessee

Live life in color

Sometimes life is so black and white. We get stuck in a cycle of routine. Make breakfast, get the kids ready, go to work, and maybe if your lucky, get to soak in the tub for ten minutes to unwind from the days stresses. I try to change it up so that does not become me. I live life by the seat of my pants and test the ‘norm’. Why be ordinary? I try to make a statement with everything I do. I am outspoken and I do not accept things that I know I can change. I wear red when I want to be noticed and I sweats when I feel free. I eat that extra doughnut when I know I should not and I laugh at stupid jokes. I roll my windows down and turn the radio up and sing to the top of my lungs. I do admit I get a little embarrassed when I look over and see someone staring at me in the car over, but nevertheless, it is my therapy. Besides I’ll never see them again.

I know this sounds normal and crazy all at the same time. Many people have the same feelings and rollercoaster life as me, but at the same time more people accept there reality. My friends often think I am the crazy one but I just tell them its how I feel. I act on my feelings and emotions in that second of my life. I change with the wind and the weather. This to me is the best way to be. I feel that it is important to never get bored with life. There are so many things to see and do. I say never waste your time worrying and wondering what if, just do it. I have struggled with my own insecurities, always wondering what others thought about me. I know realize the insignificance in that. I only live once and I plan to smile, dance, sing, and laugh all the way through.

I do however have a bit of background for making me see life so free. I am from New Orleans and we all know that people can be very outrageous and daring. I grew up seeing this and being raised around different things than the average country girl. My dad has always been very free and allowed me to find and express myself in my own time. My mom on the other hand is very conservative and always has a plan. I consider myself grounded on behalf of both of them. Hopefully my children will feel the same through the way they view me. I have to admit I will not be the mini van mom, but we will be singing barney at the top of our lungs. I believe in living life in color and never accepting black and white.