Ellen - Orange Park, Florida

I believe in God’s grace. This is not the grace that we envy of the ballerina who, with seemingly effortless beauty, tip-toes across the stage. This grace belongs to God, my Father and it is His ever-divine love and protection bestowed freely on me, His daughter. Grace is not only a beautiful word, but it is also a truth that is present in my life, the life that God has given to me although I am undeserving.

I was saved in July of 1999 at the young age of ten. When I walked down that church aisle and accepted God into my heart, my life was changed and is changed. I would love to be able to say that I have lived a sin-free life since then, but I am not perfect and I have strayed away from my relationship with my Father many times. I can remember weeks where I went without saying a prayer to the One who saved me from an eternity in Hell. I can remember days when I cursed willingly and presented myself as someone who knew nothing of the price my Father had paid for me when He sent His one and only Son to die on the cross to forgive me. Most recently, in my junior year of high school, I vividly remember my stepping into parties and surrounding myself with the temptation that Satan wrapped in the words “fun” and “harmless.” I knew what I was doing those nights. I knew that I was placing myself apart from my Savior.

I believe in God’s grace, the grace that brought me back to Him. When I have disobeyed Him and taken myself away from Him, He has unconditionally loved me and saved me. I was saved by God’s grace, my heart is established by God’s grace, and I am justified in my God’s grace. Without grace, my salvation is impossible. I would be lost and unsure of my life and why I, Ellen Dale, wake up each day and do the things I do to give Him the glory, and the honor, and the praise that He, the Righteous One, is utterly deserving of. The everlasting strength of God has been imparted upon me and I know that because of His unchanging love for me, each day I experience God’s grace.

I believe in God’s grace. I believe in God’s amazing grace. I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.