Drew - Knoxville, T.N.

College Life

I believe that college is the best years of your life. The fall of last year I moved out of my house and into an apartment which is on the campus of University of Tennessee. I have three roommates which I graduated with and have grown up knowing most of my life. These three guys were the ones that I ran around with on the weekend raising hell and having fun. Once in college we continued going out on the weekend and living our college lives to the fullest, which I think everyone should do.

One of my roommates all through high school had always had this thing for this girl which was a year younger then the three of us. They finally started dating and he slowly stopped hanging out with us. My two other roommates and I really never liked this new interruption two our friendship, she was just to controlling. She also dose not like him running around with us on the weekend’s ether. So it was not long till she put a stop to all of his fun. So now on a Friday and Saturday night he can be found sitting around at our apartment or hanging out with his girlfriend and all her friends. Now that she is in college she has joined a sorority and now like to go out on the weekend and have a good time, but still my roommate stays home on the weekend because he dose not want to make her mad. The thing that I keep telling him is that girls won’t always be there but friends will and all he dose is just laugh. I just waiting on that day she takes off and he realizes I was right.

My two roommates and I constantly talk about his change and if he will ever be the same again. One of the things that I am worried about is, him having regrets about the way he has spent his years in college. Not only am I worried; his mom has also asked me what his deal is and why he only hangs out with his girlfriend. I believe that college is the best years of your life and you should live every day like it’s your last.