jay - Scottsdale, Arizona
Themes: question

I believe that we in the United States are suffering from a myopic vision of reality skewed by buzz words. For example, we hear the word ‘terroist’ every day – but what is the difference between a ‘terrorist’ and a ‘freedom fighter’ ? In the 1980’s Osama Bin Laden was a ‘freedom fighter’ in Afghanistan, now he is a ‘terrorist’. It would appear the only differnece is in whether he shares our political agenda. We commit terrorism in the name of securing oil by killing Iraqui citizens every day based on ‘tips’ and ‘intel’, yet bemoan the killing of innocent citizens on 9/11 – the difference again being that we share one agenda and reject another. We label Ismalic beliefs as bordering on extreme, yet Christians have gleefully murdered millions in the name of their belief system, and civilian targets have always been primary. Are we forgetting who fire-bombed Dresden ? We might expect this myopia of perception in the uneducated classes of the third world, but it is astounding to see its prevalence in media-conscious America. I understand some will label this an extreme view, however extreme views were the foundation of this country.