Jonathan - Glenside, Pennsylvania

“Animal rock my sox!!!!”

Throughout my life had I have had fourteen pets. These have consisted of mostly dogs, but their have been a few cats, some chickens, and a horse. I have also done work with a group that promotes and rescues German Shepherd dogs from abuse, and cruel situations. Over the course of my life I have come to realize that I have a strong passion for animal companionship. I have also have come to realize the rewards of the companionship with animals. These rewards are not tangible things. They will not get you money or a bigger house. Many of these are things that you can only feel you can not give them to anyone else. For instance the joy of the pet is yours to keep you cannot give that joy to anyone else it was designated for you and that’s where it can remain. Also there are benefits to your health, the presence of a dog can increase your physical activity and hence forth keep you in better shape and you can spend less time at the gym.

For instance when you form a bond with your pet such as a dog it becomes a mutual friendship. The friendship I have had with my most recent dog is one of the strongest that I have had with any animal. This dog sleeps in my bed every night and is there for me pretty much all the time. Even though she is only a dog sometimes I feel that she understands me better than my parents. I guess partly because she can’t talk back. However she somehow is still able to tell me what to do. For some unexplainable reason just the sight of my dog somehow makes me genuinely happy. Often in my spare time (when I have any) I am outside just playing with my dog. I enjoy her company I guess she enjoys being with me.