I was looking at the stars last night and thinking about the possibilities an infinite universe presents to us. I believe anything we can think of has the potential to actually exist. Since the space above is filled with stars and planets, I believe it is also filled with life. Our connections on Earth to these other forms of life are more intricate than we are capable of understanding.

I believe there is a larger pattern or form which encompasses us all and which dictates the paths we can choose between. The choices we make in turn shape the larger whole. So I believe we have free wills that enable us to mold existence, at the same time as we are at the complete mercy of this higher structure. Some call it fate, or destiny, or God. I believe it is all those things, and much more.

I believe sentience was initiated in humans by an external catalyst. Some have said it was psychedelic mushrooms falling through the vacuum of space. Others have attributed this phenomenon to Divine Design. I believe everything we have dreamed up to explain all of this is true in some way.

I believe in magick, which is the power we have to sculpt the cosmos with our intent. I believe that by believing in something, in some small way I do make it true. Maybe it is not here and now on Earth, but in some distant place. I believe it is all the same.

This belief is empowering because when you have it, you have no choice but to accept everything that happens as meant to be; and so you know that no matter how much something disagrees with your emotions or senses, it must be right. At the same time, when you believe as I do, you also know that you can make a difference, if you choose to try. You know that nothing is absolute. That everything is perfect.

So I don’t believe in “right and wrong” or “good and bad.” I believe it is all entirely subjective. But I also believe that the beauty of life is that we get to decide what we personally like and dislike. We get to choose what is right or wrong to US. And we may choose differently from every other person on this planet, but such is the privilege of living.

I believe it is important for us all to think about what it is we believe, and to be passionate about it. I also believe we need to keep our minds open to the idea that what we believe can and should change with every breath we take. We are not in competition with those who believe differently than us, there is a place for every belief in the web of existence which is our actuality.

We are all distinct individuals; we exist in opposition to each other. We are all in this together; we couldn’t do without one another…I believe.