Laura - Kalispell, Montana

I believe in making the most out of my life, in a positive way

I am 16 years old and I am learning the struggles and pressures of being a high school student. With partying and drugs all around me, it is hard to lead an honest life filled with morals and values that are important to me, as well as important to my family. I believe in leading a pleasing life that I can reflect on when I’m a grandmother and can be proud of.

With people all around me who are only concerned about themselves and getting that great “high” during the weekends, it is hard not to fall into the pressures of doing it as well, especially when I am feeling down and lonely. I believe in keeping my body pure and healthy so I will have a healthy body as I age through time. I think to my future and what lies ahead instead of just living in the moment and doing something that will make me feel good for a short time and can have major consequences.

I believe in making the most out of my life, but not by doing something crazy, or living on the edge. I want my life to be about love, loving my family and being loved in return, cherishing each precious moment I have and making memories. Making my family proud by the choices I make daily as well as my lifestyle is very important to me. It makes my family proud to know they can trust me and know that my name isn’t going to show up in the morning papers for a heinous crime. It also makes me very proud to know I am trusted and won’t have any regrets.

I grew up in a strong Christian home where God is a part of absolutely everything we did and do today. Going to church on Sunday and praying before meals and bedtime was just a part of my commitment to Jesus. I still hold strong to the firm beliefs I have been taught in Sunday school and by my family. Raised in an alcohol free house where drugs were absolutely never mentioned has had a numerous amount of impact on decisions I make daily and it helps a lot with standing up to peer pressure. So knowing my body is a temple belonging to God, I know my choices of partying are just something that is not right for me.

Knowing I am not alone in my decision, and having friends who have the same outlooks as me, I know I am supported and can withhold from making wrong choices. I have no doubt in my mind or my heart that my decision is absolutely the only choice for my life. I believe in making the most out of my life, in a positive way.