Peter - albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe that music is one of the most important things in life.

In my everyday life music is always running through my head. Sometimes its playing on headphones other times is just stuck in my head, or sometimes someone those guys are playing music on our on our school courtyard at my school. Either way music is always going on in some way or another.

Music is associated with nearly every aspect of my life. A different song belongs to every individual memory in my mind, If I didn’t have music in my life in one way or another I think that I would possibly be in a vegetative state and I would not be able to remember anything and I would have no life.

Whenever I get a new CD I listen to it almost non-stop for a long period of time until I saved up enough money to get a new CD. Because of this, that music that I was listening to for that period of time is now carved into my memory with that specific period. I can’t reminisce without associating a memory or feeling with a song or album of some kind.

One of the things that I love about music is that there are so many different types of music. Rap, rock, R and B, blues, jazz, country, classical, musicals, symphonic bands, punk, experimental, and the list goes on and on.

Soundtracks to movies are also really special to me because instead of bringing me back to a personal memory or feeling its like I’m watching the entire movie all over again, and that is awesome. At least if it is a good movie.

I music and I have for a really long time. I have for a long time because I have grown up with music my entire life. I have been in a school band of some kind for five years. And before that I played the piano for about four years. In my house my dad has always played music and been playing the piano all the time. He listens to mostly classical but he also listens to about every other kind of music there is. I think that that is one of the reasons I enjoy music so much. Whenever my dad and I are in the car together he always seems to quiz me on what music is playing and who the composer is. I don’t usually get it right but I have gotten better at identifying music and composers of the years.

I love music and it is one of the most important things in my life, this I believe.