Kimberly - Durham, North Carolina

Faith and Favor

In May of 2004, I decided that my life was going in the wrong direction and I needed to make a firm decision to change. I was struggling financially; I was not even able to live paycheck to paycheck. I was living day to day by the grace of God. I decide that I had to step out on Faith and believe God to give me favor for a new job.

Therefore, I prayed, made a plan, list the things that I was looking for in a job. I gave myself a deadline and started calling and emailing everyone I knew to ask if his or her company was hiring. I sent out tons of resume to local newspaper, internet listings, and local temporary agencies. One afternoon, I receive a call from a mother at my daughter daycare. She remembered I had asked about any opening at her job. She was moving to a new position and had submitted my resume for her former job. They had set up the interview for that week. I interviewed, they offered and I accepted. YEAH!

After accepting the job offer, I was making slightly more than I was before but I was grateful. After working faithfully in the position for about five months. Someone that no one in the department thought would ever recommend anyone for anything recommended me for another position. I, personally never had any problems with the person, she had actually befriended me. She though I would be great for the opening and personally called the person to recommend me. (FAVOR)

Well, I interviewed, offered the position, and received another increase in pay. However, God was not finished yet! By this time, my marriage was failing and my husband had asked for a divorce. Oh yeah, I was married and struggling to make ends meet with two incomes.

Now I have to be the sole breadwinner for the family. I will have to make more money to be able to provide for my family. I decided to talk with my boss to let her know that I would be looking for another position because of the circumstances. Well, she was supportive and understood. The next week she walked in the office and asked me to list an amount that would allow me to live comfortably. She would not make any promises but she went to her boss and petitioned on my behalf for an increase and he agreed to the increase. This gave me a 23% increase in less than one year with the company.

I am know a single parent, back in college and beginning a better life with God first. I believe that with faith in God and his unmerited favor, you can make positive changes in your life. No matter what happens just believe God will provide for your ever need.