Nicholas - Tucson, Arizona
Themes: hope, love

I believe that there is hope in this world still, ask me if there is hope in this world a month ago and I would have laughed in your face then said no. I am 19 years old and I already have had a negative this view of the world around me, yes I understand that this is a petty way of looking at the world but also it is a safe way. You are never set up for a fall and never brought down. Something happened to me recently that I really can’t explain all too clearly, it started when I met someone named Jessica. Now naturally I am a negative person as stated before and have a pessimistic view of life, but upon meeting her I never met someone more perfect in everyway. I work with Jessica at a cooking school in Tucson; we are not cooks, were dish washers just in case you were interested in knowing, I don’t think there are enough ways of describing how perfect she is. She is a senior in high school and is getting ready to graduate, I’ve known Jessica now for a few months and she is one of those people that you can’t help but like, she is nice, funny, smart, talented and just all around fascinating. She wants to be an actress and to be honest she is talented enough to go out and do it, from the moment that I met her I knew that she could do anything that she wanted in this world. It’s rare that you meet someone and know that they are a genuine person inside, like they have this aura around them that makes you feel at home, safe, happy in fact I dare say jolly. If you have not picked up to the fact that she is just perfect, I’d like this time to reiterate that she is perfect. I’ll be first to admit I’m not a positive person, but being around her and being her friend these past few months, just talking to her, one person to the other has been a rare thing for me because I am a very private person and talking to her I just open up and it feels so good to feel human to have that little spark of hope. Hope something I have missed from my life now for some time is slowly coming back to me and all she did was be my friend, such a little thing to do and it has meant so much to my life. I have seen all that I have in my life and it is a lot to be hopeful for, I don’t think that I’ll will ever be able to tell Jessica what she has done for me and what she has meant to me, she is going to college in Chicago, I now only hope for all the best for her and realize that hope is worth fighting for in a life.