Travis - allentown, New Jersey

I believe fate is what you make; you are the only one who can decide your future.

Throughout everyone’s life, people are faced with big and small decisions. Some decisions don’t impact life very much and others really do. I believe people shouldn’t go through life listening and doing what other people are telling them to do but should make their own decisions and choices. We only live once and we should never regret any decisions we make. Always try to live life to the fullest and run with every opportunity.

I try to live by these words as much as I can. I never pass up an opportunity to do something fun and exciting and have not regretted any decisions. I have experienced many things that most people will never do. I have hiked over 300 miles on the Appalachian Trail. I have kayaked the lakes of the Adirondacks many times and have even spent two weeks in Maine paddling through lakes and rivers.

I have traveled to Maine and parts of New Jersey and done Habitat for Humanity projects. I will be traveling to Mississippi this May to help in the clean up and rebuild parts of the Gulf Coast area. I have been involved with the Boy Scouts of America since I have been in grade school. I am currently working on my Eagle Project, which will open many doors for me. I hope this will allow me to get into the United States Coast Guard this September.

I feel very blessed to have done all these things and the only reason they happened is because I wanted to do them and I wanted to experience something not everyone else gets to. I believe through making the decision I have and so far those in my future will really help me make the most of my life. You should always seize every opportunity that is thrown your way.