Towanda - Plainfield, New Jersey

I am still chasing a dream. And there are definitely frustrations with that. But after I complain – after all everyone needs to vent – I find peace in knowing I am doing what I love. I am following the road less traveled – the road called Plan A.

The sad thing is this: I didn’t always focus on Plan A. I did what most people suggest, I took time to develop a Plan B, a just in case if you will. But, before I knew it Plan B had taken over. Plan A was my hobby, getting my attention on weekends or whenever I could spare a few hours. Then one day I realized this was not enough. I had bigger plans for my life, and I needed to make A my priority. But I went one step further. I decided to follow only Plan A. These thoughts lead me to my new mantra, “No Plan B Necessary.”

In fact, I hardly ever say Plan A. I just have THE Plan now. Furthermore, I tell all young people to do the same. I think it is an injustice to everyone, me included, to say, “Always have a Plan B.” If I take the energy necessary to have a plan B, I am taking my resources – my time, my money, my focus, my determination – away from where they should be, THE Plan.

I believe that THE Plan, if I’m doing it right, will consume me. It will include my God-given talents, my passions, and my desires. It will involve both internal and external analysis. My plan will include a truthful self-evaluation, and it will take into consideration what others see as my strengths and weaknesses. My plan will include me praying for guidance, then knowing that I am doing the right thing because my Divine Father has lead me on this road.

THE Plan gives me everything I need to feel whole. It’s time-consuming and I don’t care. Instead, I am driven. Driven to achieve the success my Plan will provide. In fact, by following this Plan I have already seen the universe open “impossible” doors and offer “miraculous” opportunities.

So yes, there is no Plan B, no safety net. And this is a good thing. It forces me to put my all into THE PLAN – Plan A if that makes you feel better – and there is no room for failure.