Namrata - state college, Pennsylvania
Themes: purpose

Belief could be defined as the degree of conviction of truth. I believe in destiny. Everyone is born with a destiny and if an event is to occur in their lives, it is predetermined and is bound to occur regardless of their course of action. Everyone has their own share of sufferings and happiness that they have to go through.

Where destiny is totally unpredictable, I developed a fascination for horoscopes, which actually lays the basis for the personality of people. It isn’t about the forecasts that appear in the daily or weekly newspapers, but more inclined towards the simple belief that almost everyone’s personality can be classified under the 12 zodiac signs. It makes understanding of people much better.

My belief on destiny stems from the truth that my destiny was written by a learned guru judging the positions of the stars at my birth. It could be a mere coincidence or his talent, but whatever he predicted about me and my life turned out to be relatively true. I had decided that I was going to study in the US only a few months before I came here. To my surprise when came across my forecast (which was written when I was born) for the first time last year, he had predicted that this was going to happen. He had also mentioned explicitly my true personality, the good and bad periods of my life and the sicknesses I suffered as a child. When I read that everything he had written had come true, it got me thinking and learn more about astrology and destiny.

Having my destiny written by someone did not grant me the permission to lay back and let my destiny do the rest. It in fact granted me the option of altering my life to the way I want it to be. I may have to suffer the same consequences even after I have tried to avoid a situation to occur but maybe altering my destiny was in my destiny and I have just made my life so much better to live in. On the other hand, my alterations of a situation could also make me suffer other consequences, which may or may not have been in my destiny. It is entirely up to me to make my decisions wisely or gamble with it.

However, when I decide to choose my course of action, I also have to take into considerations that my decisions not only affect my life, but even of my loved ones. Then the decisions are more than just brain work and have to be given a thought from the heart. There is so much thought that needs to be put in to making decisions affecting my life.

Everyone must believe in something, but in the absence of good grounds of belief, he will be satisfied with the bad ones. Until there is no evidence to prove that my belief does not exist, it cannot be rejected entirely. However, it must be kept in mind that we can believe what we choose, but we are answerable for what we choose to believe.