Danielle - Monroeville, Pennsylvania

I believe in high heels. Not so much in the shoes themselves, but in the way a pair of high heel shoes is used to show off femininity and self confidence. I believe in high heels; in the sturdy way a high heel transforms a women’s leg and in turn adds poise to her posture and a sense of self to her attitude. There is nothing more stunning than the way a woman’s leg looks when wearing high heels. High heels create an illusion of long, toned legs. It adds height to a woman’s body and forces a woman to walk with a degree of confidence, or she will end up looking like she can’t walk at all.

Not only in sight, but in sound as well, with each staccato click of the heel as it connects with the firm floor, heads turn. The sound tells a story of a woman with a sense of direction, and the knowledge of where she is going in life.

At 21 years old and a senior in college, I’m at a crossroads in my life. In a few short months, the world as I know it will change into a place where responsibilities are many and the familiar faces of my life now will disappear. The ‘real world’ is about to rear its ugly head, and I find myself wondering, am I ready? I’ve been to the interviews, I’ve done the networking, but am I really ready for the everyday grind?

So I fake it. I go shopping and buy those expensive business suits. I look for a new apartment. I start figuring out my budget for the next year. And I embrace the last month of the glorious college life, forcing a smile when others ask what my plans are after graduation.

And I buy a really great pair of high heeled shoes. If I’m going to have to walk the walk, well I’m going to do it looking my best, a couple inches taller and on a great set of legs.