Michael - State College, Pennsylvania

I believe in living my life with no worries and no regrets. It is a commonly heard saying, but few strive everyday to reach the point of not worrying and even fewer die without regret. I believe in moving on and past all the time.

A rolling stone gathers no moss. I find this proverb very true. People who keep moving avoid picking up minor worries or cares because they are going somewhere and have more important things to focus on. I can be heard saying, “Who cares its not important at all,” at least once a day to someone. When they actually stop and think, people don’t know why they care. Sweating the small stuff will surely lead to regret.

After my sophomore year of college, I picked up a moved to Greece so I could have the most fun summer a college kid could have. I lived on an island where I knew no one, had no job, and no place to work when I first arrived. It was thrilling. People get scared to take chances or go out on a limb and that is when you have regrets. I winged it and had an awesome time. Sure it was scary, but regardless, it’s only a matter of time before your situation is going to change so embrace your current one.

Junior year summer, I got an internship; not one where I live at home, but across the country in California. The company has offices on the East Coast, but I wanted out of my comfort zone. When out of my comfort zone, I grow and mature in leaps and bounds. I do not regret not taking the New York job because the people out West liked what I brought to the table and hired me before my senior year of college. This has led to my most fun year of college where grades don’t matter and nothing else does either.

With graduation looming, I believe I have no regrets about my past four years at college. I am not worried about my future because I know whatever happens, it’s only a matter of time before a new opportunity arises that calls my name.