Justin - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Themes: Christianity

I believe in God. Not the type of god who sits back and lets the world run itself, but a God who right there wit us in everything that we do; a God that wants to have a personal relationship with us.

Now I had grown up going to church every Sunday, I learned about how Jesus had died on the cross to forgive our sins, but I never really applied what I learned in church. That all changed on October 2, 2004. My friend and I were hiking on a warm fall day, when he brought up the topic of Christianity. After talking for a while, everything I had learned about Jesus and God fell into place. I realized that you have to invite God into your life, you just can’t be preached to about God. On that day I prayed and invited Jesus Christ into my life, I asked him to forgive my sins, and for him to help me live my life like he wanted me to. When I prayed this I full heartily wanted Jesus in my life; that day I felt like a new person, because spiritually I was. I was born again. Since that day I have made changes for the better in my life. I have become a better son, better brother, a better friend, and most of all a better servant of God.

Since that day I have also seen amazing results from the power of prayer and how God works in peoples lives. I have seen an atheist make a complete one eighty, and give her life to Jesus Christ. I have witnessed a person that once criticized and tore down Christian, is now one him self. This is why I believe that God is working in peoples lives constantly everyday.

I never even realized that I was searching and longing for God in my life, until it was all put in front of me on the October day. Now I look back and realized how lost I was. Because when it comes down to it, you can lose your job, your possessions can be lost, friends and family members will pass away, and you will get older, nothing stays the same, except one thing; that’s Jesus Christ.

No one is forcing you to do have a relationship with God. God wants use to accept him on our own, and truly mean it. I have come to the realization that nothing in life is more important than a relationship with Jesus. Jesus states that “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” (Rev. 3:20-22) He is knocking on everyone’s heart whether they realize it or not. All you have to do is invite Jesus Christ into your life, and you will have eternal life. THIS I BELIEVE.