Charles - Ringle, Wisconsin

I Believe

My belief is that murder is wrong. Now when I say murder, I mean a person killing another person. Some people consider ending the life of any living thing is murder, but then they go home and have a greasy cheeseburger from McDonald’s or a grilled, juicy T – Bone Steak. To me, that does not make any sense whatsoever. I mean, how can someone loathe a person for hunting when they eat beef from a cow that was shot in the head, hung up by a metal chain, and then sliced into tender pieces of perfect meat?

I , myself, am a “murderer.” I have killed at least 100 birds and ended the life of a white-tailed deer with a 32-caliber shell to the head. I have blasted rabbits to smithereens with shotguns. I have even swatted flies with a flyswatter. I have massacred little, innocent germs merely by brushing my teeth and digesting the foods I ate for supper.

If God took all of that information into consideration, we would all burn in the fiery depths of Hell. So here is the question: if you were to take every living thing in the world, even the one -celled organisms and lower life forms, would you still consider yourself pure after knowing that you have them? These people who think all forms of murder is wrong, are complete and total hypocrites.

The definition of murder in the dictionary is: the unlawful and deliberate killing of one or more persons by another(The American College Dictionary). It seems to me that my example of murder is actually pretty close to what the dictionary said. I guess I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.

People get arrested all the time for murder. They get convicted for their killing sprees and then get themselves killed by the law. The only difference is that the law is doing it in a civilized way. Murder, to a certain degree, is wrong but a punishment for who truly deserves it is justice. I strongly agree with the death penalty. People need to be punished if it makes you puke when you hear what they did to innocent people.

My belief is simple, yet controversial to many. I believe that not all forms of killing are murder. People just don’t see things the way I do. I hope some day they will. In the meantime, enjoy your burger.