Chelsea - Weston, Wisconsin
Themes: integrity

Have you ever seen something happen and you regret not speaking out? I have. It was a crime! I was ten years old. It was the end of the school year. I was so ready for summer vacation to start. It was the second to last day of school, and at the end of every day I always went to Mrs. Gretes’s to get some candy with my friends. Then I saw a boy behind her desk. He was stealing money out of her peruse. I saw him take the money out, but I did nothing. Now, ever since then, when I see someone committing a crime, I tell about it.

If you are like me when I was ten, I think you should change because if you do nothing, you are just as bad as the person who did the crime. Know why? You aren’t doing the right thing either.

You see crime happening all the time but what do we do? Nothing. I can’t even start to explain how important it is to tell someone if you see it.

I believe that watching crime happen and not doing anything, is what makes this world a dangerous place to live in. It’s not the people who do those things; it’s the people who do nothing about it. Report it. Tell someone. DO SOMETHING! If you want this world to be a safe place to live in, do what I said and you will feel spectacular inside. Convince others to do the same. Then when you are older, you will see how much better the world will be for you and your children.

Think of Mia Hamn. Do you think she has ever seen a crime happen? How about Brett Farve or any other famous person that you admire? It doesn’t matter if you’re white, black, purple, or pink. It doesn’t matter how much money you make or how successful you are. We are all to blame for the world being this way. It’s not just you and me; it’s everyone.

Don’t you ever get sick of hearing about crime all the time on the news? I am. Maybe you aren’t, but you should still report it. If you don’t, it’s just going to happen more and more because the criminals know that they won’t get caught. So take a stand and make this world a better place to live in.