Bradley - Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Themes: work

I believe E = R. The effort you put forth will ultimately reflect the result you receive. The first time I saw this concept was in my father’s work office. I was about ten and asked him what it meant; since that day I have never forgotten its meaning. It is simply an equation that applies to everyday choices. It can be applied to almost anything in any situation. As I grew up and trained year round for football, wrestling, and baseball it pushed me to give everything; when I never studied a day for my SAT’s I sadly saw the results. When I was falling behind in a class in college, I knew I had to do well on an exam which was worth 25% of our overall grade. So, heeding the E = R way of life, I studied for five days straight and received a 101. It does not matter what situation you’re in or have been in, if you think about your efforts toward the situation and your results from it, you can surely see the connection.

Maybe you feel your efforts in the past have not equaled your results and you feel slighted, and let down. I feel the same way. However, my results have come in other blessings from God, just as yours will when he feels the timing is right. I had a plaguing injury for over two years of high school that I pushed myself through. Unfortunately, at the end of my senior year, during my wrestling season, I had to pull out and watch other competitors less qualified advance their careers past mine; knowing my efforts exceeded their own. I cannot put into words or images how many miles I ran, how many days and nights I sweated working out, how many meals I skipped, and how many times I told myself I could make it. And I did, but not in wrestling; it was simply not where I was to be blessed.

Conversely, how many people can say they have gotten paid to work with names such as Jessica Simpson or Tommy Hilfiger, photographers like Steven Gomillion and Adam Raphael, and companies like Nike, Hardee’s, 2(xist), and the list goes on. I was fortunate enough to be invited into the entertainment industry while attending the Pennsylvania State University and become a male model so my pockets wouldn’t be empty as many college students’ pockets usually are.

Not always are we rewarded for our efforts when we see fit. Not always are we rewarded for our efforts in the outcome of that specific situation. However, if you keep pushing yourself to always be honest, respectful, and courteous, your efforts will inconceivably equal your results in the end. E = R.