Kimberly - Fort Collins, Colorado

Who Doesn’t Love a Bargain?

We all look for them whether we are really looking for one. You know that special gift, an outfit you’ve had your eye on. Oh yes, maybe that dream car you’ve been wanting. You may want to be a smooth talker so you can haggle or barter for a better deal. You watch for Sunday paper ads to see what store has better offers. You compare, test, and try on clothes, what ever it takes to feel you have found the better bargain. I ask you? “Who doesn’t love a bargain?” You know you do!

I’m sure you wondering why I’m telling this story? I believe you deserve to get your moneys worth. Many times I feel I just can’t live without something. I get this gut wrenching feeling. Just wait it will go on sale! Maybe it won’t go on sale when you want it, but it would sure be nice if it did. Can I live without it? Will it serve its purpose? How bad do I really need it? Just because you have one why can’t I? Do I need to be that trendy, stay up to date on everything new? Yes, there are times I do go shopping with just that in mind. I get to the store and start looking around and I find it. I just stare at it. Then I ask myself these certain questions. Is it something I need so bad that I’m not going to sleep? Will I regret not ever owning it? Then I just give it some time. I will get that bargain!

And then there is that time you see it it’s on sale and you can’t believe you’re standing there about to purchase. It’s a rush to know you are getting that one thing you’ve been wanting and waiting for. Could it be a new car, a big screen TV, new games for the children? Or is it that outfit for yourself, you have been holding out for. It’s probably something you can live without but why not, it’s on sale. I know I always feel better about bargains, knowing I’ve paid the lesser of the dollar. Have you ever thought how much of a mark up is done in retail and to feel you just gotten over them is wonderful. Get excited, you did your work, you waited and you also earned it.