John - Winter Park, Florida
Themes: democracy

Why We Fight

Many have been told we fight in the Middle East to spread Democracy, to find WMDs, remove an evil leader or in direct response to 9/11.

All of these are false and misleading.

Big Governments need a Big Agenda. Over the past sixty years, America has been involved in a never ending state of National Crisis.

Only during a state of National Crisis or Emergency could there be any justification for a Federal Government as large and expensive as ours.

The War on Terror is just the latest in the series of emergencies created by Washington to justify massive deficit spending.

The War on Terror is global in scope and sold to be our largest threat ever. Even bigger and more expensive than the Cold War which lasted for decades.

If you want to know Why We Fight, follow the money.

We fight so Career Politicians and Special interests can enrich themselves beyond your wildest dreams.

Over the past five years, Bush and Career Politicians in both Parties have spent over $1 trillion dollars in pursuit of their agenda.

Bush with the aid of both parties has borrowed more money than all the presidential administrations before him.

This money borrowed in our names was not used to provide Americans with affordable health care, education for our children or make an investment in America.

This money was not spent to protect New Orleans from a natural disaster or aid the victims of Katrina.

This money was not spent to provide us with border security or a better life.

This money was spent to enrich what Dwight D. Eisenhower called the Military-Industrial Complex. With the eager assistance of members in both of our major political parties, these special interests groups have so successfully hijacked our representative form of government. They have turned our political system into something that is harmful to Americans and a danger to the World.

These self serving hijackers of the American Ideal are now joined and assisted by other groups advocating the use of “Pearl Harbor” type events to mode and shape history and the now official Federal PreEmptive Strike Policy.

Who are these people? The Project for a New American Century (PNAC) is one. PNAC members can be found in the White House, the Media, and the War Department.

No one can truly believe anyone in Washington anymore or imagine anyone really “feels your pain” or actually gives a damn about what is best for you.

Career Politicians and special interest groups exist to promote and protect their interests, not ours. Have your ever wondered why we spend $4.5 Billion a year to Israel, or $3.5 Billion a year to Egypt or give money to Hamas? Is our foreign aid actually prolonging and funding the instability in the Middle East turning terrorism into a profitable cottage industry?

The system we now have is set up to reinforce and protect Career Politicians in both Parties. Our present system rewards Seniority with powerful Chairmanships and the power to write those Big Checks to Special Interests and Foreign Lobbyists.

The only real threats to America are the twin evils of Career Politicians and Deficit Spending.

The first step to save America and the ideals this country was founded is a mandatory Two Year Term Limit.

At the very least, a term limit would give us a fresh new crop of less accomplished croooks every two years and remove the older and more accomplished ones.

Term limit does not, however, address the very real possibility a madman becoming president. A man ready to lie, deceive, and abuse the power of the office in pursuit of his own personal agenda even if it were to bankrupt America and gets us all killed.

We now enjoy this sad reality in the person of George W Bush.

Bush becoming president proves the failure of our two major parties to offer presidential candidates,men and women, made of the right stuff.

The vetting process to become a presidential candidate guarantees we elect the most ruthless, brutal and corrupt thugs our dysfunctional political system has to offer.