Ted - Mars, Pennsylvania
Themes: carpe diem

This I believe-Enjoy your time because once it is gone, you will never get it back.

I am a graduating senior at Penn State. As I sit on a bench by campus, I am pondering of where the time has gone. At the start of college, I did not think of where or what I would be doing in my life; but more like where and when does the party start. And with only two weeks left, I miss those days at the beginning where the end was nowhere in sight.

As I started to think where the four years of college have gone; I overheard a group of students talking about their weekend. One states that “I played poker all night and won 50 bucks”; the other sounded still drunk: “I got so wasted this weekend and I don’t remember anything.” When I heard this, I started to reminisce of my weekends like that. Another student said: “I had to stay in and be studious all weekend, because of stupid organic chemistry.” I had to laugh at this statement, because I know exactly how she feels. The other student in the group replies “I just hung out with my girlfriend; it was our one year anniversary.” Then I remembered my one-year, and how wonderful it was. As I sat on this bench, I realized that my four years of college flew right by me.

The value of time is immeasurable because it is the only thing in life that once it is gone, you can never get it back. Everyone seems to, at least to me, not have enough time in a day — unless they are in prison. Who got to decide how many hours are in a day, days are in a month, months in a year, and years in a lifetime – maybe God or maybe the rotation of earth. Either way, once that minute passes by I will never be able to get it back. And when all my minutes are up, does the next place have time, or is it for eternity. This I believe- enjoy your time because once it is gone, you will never get it back.

As I sat on this bench, thinking where my four years of college went; I was excited for all the minutes I still have in front of me. Even though the end of college is in sight, the beginning of new days lies shortly ahead. This I believe- enjoy your time because once it is gone, you will never get it back.