pamela - mesquite, Texas

Learning From Your Own Experience

People learn from their mistakes in different manners, whether it is negative or positive; a lesson will always be at stance. Mistakes show character. If a person is repetitive of unsatisfactory choices then he or she is considered negative. A positive person will make an immoral confound and choose a better decision the next time the situation appears.

I am sixteen and curious, that’s sort of a bad thing, but in a way it’s a good learning experience. Tell me all about sex. I mean teachers, who are certified, teach me about it in school, and why adolescents should not do it. I have learned about all the viruses you can catch, and the consequences with being pregnant, but there is a good side to everything. What about the people that do have sex? Why do they do it, and what do they get out of it?

Wanting to go and see my boyfriend last summer, I ran away from home. Finally reaching my destination, something inside of me said I should not have done it, but it was too late to turn back. Sitting in his room, he worked up the nerve to ask me to have sex with him. Saying no would make me “uncool”, but it would be the right decision. Saying yes would change the way he looks at me, but would that be a good change or a bad? With the decision being mine, who could say what is the right or wrong choice but me?

Finally, when my mother found out my location, showed up to my boyfriend’s home, and took me to my father, I knew then that I had messed up. It was a mistake, honest! And believe you me it will never happen again!

So now do you honestly know who I am? I see myself, as someone who wants to do right, and eventually I will; I just have to experience certain things first. A great man once said, “The greatest thing about a man is the ability to transcend himself, his ancestry and his environment, and to become what he dreams of being” Tully C. Knoles. This quote symbolizes who I am. The greatest thing about me is that I want to make my life better, I learn from my mistakes, and plan to succeed in life by being as close to perfection as I can be.