Lorne - Mesquite, Texas
Themes: sports

Being A Receiver

I believe in if you run precise routes and cut at the right time and catch and tuck then score you can be capable of being a great receiver like Jerry Rice or T.O. or Randy Moss. My Coach J.J. Meadors always tells me if you come off the ball hard and strong and keep your pad level low like your running a 100 meter dash and burst off the line and keep your eyes on the defenders eyes and run at his inside shoulder. He will be threatened and get out of his back pedal and turn his hips and run with you-right when he does that give a head fake and cut on his foot and break through his cushion or barrier and get in the zone and have the ball thrown to you while you are open.

But at this time right when you broke down and cut at an angle he would of done one of several things if you ran a precise route he would of stayed running and looped around just to get back on top of you he would have to 360 and speed turn, but if you would of done a nice route by this time he would of fell down because you broke his ankles with the head fake or any time of body fake.

So if he fell down you should take it for seven and be on sports center later on tonight with your spectacular catch or if he had to loop around this is good because it will give you a better chance of catching the ball and tucking it away without the pass or ball being deflected or having a dropped ball, but when you catch the ball it will give you a better chance also to prevent a hit that will have you drop the ball being that wide open.

So every route that you run depends on the coverage’s that you will get from the defense…For Instance, if you are running a post route against cover two that will be good because it will split the two safeties down the middle of the field and you should get a good look from the quarterback for him to throw it to you. There is several coverage’s that you will be looking at cover two, three and four, press man to man or loose man, and lastly cover 1 man.