Aiden - Santa Monica, California

My name is Aiden. I am 14 years old. I believe that Goals are what lead us humans in life. Without Goals, our life would have no purpose. When we have Goals, we have wants, in my case, as small as wanting pancakes tomorrow for breakfast or as big as wanting to be an actor or run a major corporation. When these Goals are complete we have higher Goals which also make us move forward in life. When someone leaves college, they probably want a apartment with a roommate. When that Goal is complete they most likely want their own place. Without Goals we would go around life without wanting anything. I am not talking about just materialistic things. I am talking about wanting love, hope, security, a religion and help. Goals do not need to be approved by anyone either. You can have a Goal that no one believes is possible, my dream, having a corporation seems impossible to some because I am not a serious person, my Goal to become an actor seems impossible to some because there are so many actors. I am almost done proving them wrong, I am already an actor…Step 2 is to keep up at it. Goals can be completed easier in fact if people don’t believe in you because you feel a need to prove people it can be done. Goals are a necessity in life, because without Goals and dreams we would never feel accomplishment. I cannot think of one event that made me happy in my life that was not powered by a Goal. Everything that happens in life is powered by it. Goals move society forward. Without goals, Edison wouldn’t have made the light bulb, without Goals there would be no United States, without Goals…. I wouldn’t have written this essay. That is why I believe that Goals are what lead humans in their everyday life.

P.S. I would like to thank Ms. Merson for showing me about NPR: This I believe. She is an amazing teacher and mentor.

P.S. 2 Notice how I capatilize Goals making it a proper noun. That is not a typo :)