Housheng - Colorado Springs, Colorado
Themes: work

Success is for the people who always try hard

I believe success is for the people who always try hard. People who take challenges will receive their success sooner or later, but lazy people will never achieve success. When lazy people think of instant success, they should also imagine mission impossible.

There is one thing that I will remember it in my whole life. The end of that event convinced me to believe success is for the people who always try hard.

It happened in the winter of 2003 during my last days in China. When I knew America would be my next home, I took a big rest. I failed to study hard; I even cut school, which I had never done before. Before my big rest, I was a prefect-attendance student in school. During the rest, of course my grade suffered. Never before in my whole student life had my performance been so low. My change shook up my parents, my teachers, and my friends; my best friend even decided to keep asking me if I was going well. He said in his memory, my grades were always high; he didn’t know why my grades suffered so much.

Other people’s reactions had no effect on me; I just dealt with everything in my own way. I still didn’t do schoolwork, and cut school. Nobody has idea to help me back on track except my grandfather. He is a respectful person; he used a Chinese aphorism to let me know I should make a good ending no matter what had happened during the process. That aphorism translates in English is “during the process of building a house, the most important thing is making a good roof.”

With my grandfather’s advice, I made a new start in school. From that time, I spent as long time as I could on the schoolwork. I tried to do my best in school. I wanted to receive my best grades before I left China, and I accomplished my goal.

During the process when I was accomplishing my goal, I figured out success is for the people who always try hard. Now I know I will obtain good grades if I study hard; I know I will pass the drive test someday if I keep trying; and I also know I will understand how to fix my computer if I go to learn it from my cousin more often. Although these things are small, I treat them as much important things, they will make me feel successful. I know if I refuse to make a try, I will never gain success on any of those things.