Lindsay - Raleigh, North Carolina
Themes: love

I Believe in Love

I try to think about where I would be right now without all the influences love, and its many different types, in my life. Love is important to me. I am a lonely person and in need of a significant other. Doesn’t everyone need such a person or does that make me dependent? Does it make me blind and naïve? Am I looking and seeing love everywhere? No.

I have loved and my heart has been stomped on. I have crushed and burned rose petals that held promises and I have resurrected feelings for another that I thought I had beaten out dry. I am not talking about the love in which a good family will always supply you and never deny. I am talking about the love that you have to give to someone else and have them trust you with their heart in return.

I doubt myself all the time, especially when it comes to love in any form. Is it a threat? Am I unable to predict, plan or map out a schedule full of deadlines and appointments, is that what makes me scared? The unknown, strange how that is what gets some people hooked to it. The butterflies, the surprises, even the tiniest touch makes your entire body tingle. Perhaps that is the purest of love, the simplicity, the innocence. Why am I so scared to trust in the deceiving love when it seems so crucial?

Sometimes I felt it wasn’t worth the risk getting to know someone else again, learning someone again, loving someone again. But then I have to stop and think. Where do I get my inspiration? We all have that craving for human connection, reassurance in ourselves by another one close enough to us to see what we do everyday. We comfort ourselves in the company of one another. When that company is missing, we literally go nuts. Where would we be without love?

What are people with out feelings of affection for one another? Feelings of affection, lust, longing, pampering, petting, comforting, everything we crave and desire in the person sitting next to us. With out love we have nothing but hate inside. This hate swells up and explodes on others who are a different gender, a different color, who speak a different language, believe in a different God, and claim an unaccepted sexual orientation. If we have love backing up our intentions and actions our world wouldn’t suffer so. I admire those who stand up and fight for the country they admire and cherish so much, but if their zealous leaders and enemies showed compassion in the first place, there would be nothing and no one to fight so bravely and furiously against.

Love is important to me because I need to feel wanted, and I want to want someone else. Without love in our lives and in our world, we would be unmotivated, passionless, and empty. I would have no music in my soul and no time to spend playing with balloons that scare me with younger cousins. There would be no country to be proud to be a citizen of, and no friendships to treasure. With out a love for my God and Savior I would have no goals I wanted to achieve in his Glory and no aspirations for myself what so ever! I would, in all actuality, be passionless. That is why I believe in love.