Karla - Rogers, Arkansas

I believe in the power of love to heal. I was once a very depressed person, who even thought about killing herself for a long period of time. I was the type of person who would smile and act like she was happy go me type of person without really meaning to be like that. I was so close to commit suicide, when Micheal came into my life.

I met Micheal in the year 2004, through a friend. At first when I met him, I was scared to say hi. He seemed to always have something to say about everything he did or someone did. He had a lot of friends and they all loved him. He approached me and asked me out on a date. That was one of the most beautiful, happiest days of my life. He read me like no one else could have, he asked me to become his girlfriend. From the beginning of our relationship he used to pay so much attention to the little things that I did, that I never though possible for anyone to love someone else to the extent I love him. He taught me to be happy and really feel it.

There were nights when the depressive suicidal feelings came back, I automatically knew who to call. He was on the phone with me although I said nothing and cried to let out my sorrow. He consoled me and held me until I would fall asleep. He also taught me to love myself for who I am and not for what everyone wanted me to be. He gave me the confidence to believe in myself and really express the way I feel about life now, through my artwork and writing. He thought I was talented, and gave me the little push to actually expose some of my artwork. I own a first place in almost all the museums that held contests.

He was so proud of me for coming out of my dark life and becoming enlightened by him, and his care and love. Thankfully, Micheal and I are still together with plans for the future to become engaged and be happy together.

He gave me the power to heal through his love. His love was so enormous for me that it helped me get through the depression I was in, it taught me to believe in myself and to be happy for the little things in life. He taught me to have the confidence to pursue what I want in life. I owe him my half finished degree in art; I will graduate from college in 2008. He was there for me and with his love he healed me from committing suicide, and taught me to have confidence and to speak my mind. That is why I believe in the power of love. God blessed me with him, to make me go back on the right path to a better life, full of love, life and care.